Economics and Competitiveness
|Welcome to the Alberta Food Consumer View. This is a place to explore insights about the Alberta consumer, their actions and their motivations behind food purchases.|
Agrifood producers and processors, both new and existing, can use this information to:
- identify business opportunities
- capture value added product development prospects
- develop more effective marketing strategies
- reduce some of the risk associated with the product innovations and
- pro-actively respond to consumer needs
|Source: Nielsen Market Track, Edmonton and Calgary 2012-2013 |
,Click here to enlarge the graph.
Need to know more about the Alberta retail market?
This feature chart is only a sample of available information. Data can be explored in a variety of ways by product categories.
Take a look at the value of the Alberta retail grocery sales from 2009 to 2012, and a comparison of retail sales between Edmonton and Calgary from 2012-2013 by linking to the full data set Alberta Retail Grocery Sales.
|Other related charts:|
- Retail Snack Sales ($ Millions), Alberta, 2013-2014
- Deli Sales - Edmonton- Calgary, 2012-2013
- Produce Sales - Edmonton and Calgary, 2012-2013
- Comparison of Retail Sale Value of Meat 2013 ( Edmonton vs. Calgary)
- Bakery - Total Retail Sales (in Million dollars) for Edmonton and Calgary
- Alberta retail sales values of condiments, dressings, spreads,relishes & spaghetti/ lasagna sauces
- Alberta Vegetable Sales Value, 2009-2012
- Average Retail Prices, Meat, Alberta (from January 2010 to December 2013)
- Alberta Retail Sales Value 2009-2012 - Milk and Milk Products
- Alberta Grocery Retail Sales Value 2009 to 2012
- Fresh Meat Sales (Million Dollars) 2009-2012
- Dairy & Refrigerated 2010
- Sales Value of the Fresh Meat
- Top Five Dry Grocery Categories Sale 2010
- Baked Goods
- Major Category Retail Grocery Sales ( 2009-2010)
Snacking and Mini-meal Trends in Canada: How to take a bite out of Canada's snack food market.
Top Snack Categories and Sales Values in Canada
Source: Nielsen Market Track, National All Channels +C&G – 52 weeks ending September, 2014