Economics and Competitiveness
|Welcome to the Alberta Food Consumer View. This is a place to explore insights about the Alberta consumer, their actions and their motivations behind food purchases.|
Agrifood producers and processors, both new and existing, can use this information to:
- identify business opportunities
- capture value added product development prospects
- develop more effective marketing strategies
- reduce some of the risk associated with the product innovations and
- pro-actively respond to consumer needs
|Source: Nielsen MarketTrack; ALBERTA ALL CHANNELS - 52 Weeks to Period Ending Date ending |
Dec 2009 to 2014
Click here to enlarge the graph.
,Need to know more about the Alberta retail market?
This feature chart is only a sample of available information. Data can be explored in a
variety of ways by product categories.
Take a look at the value of the Alberta retail grocery sales from 2009 to 2014,
and a comparison of retail sales between Edmonton and Calgary from 2012-2013
through this link to the full dataset Alberta Retail Grocery Sales.
|Other related charts:|
- Retail Snack Sales ($ Millions), Alberta, 2013-2014
- Deli Sales - Edmonton- Calgary, 2012-2013
- Produce Sales - Edmonton and Calgary, 2012-2013
- Comparison of Retail Sale Value of Meat 2013 ( Edmonton vs. Calgary)
- Bakery - Total Retail Sales (in Million dollars) for Edmonton and Calgary
- Alberta retail sales values of condiments, dressings, spreads,relishes & spaghetti/ lasagna sauces
- Alberta Vegetable Sales Value, 2009-2012
- Average Retail Prices, Meat, Alberta (from January 2010 to December 2013)
- Other charts
Per Capita Milk Consumption, Canada