If you would like to learn about upcoming events and other Explore Local projects as well as receive the quarterly Field Notes e-newsletter, please fill out and submit this form.
Explore Local Events - Coming Events At-A-Glance
- The cost for all workshops and tours is $25 per person, unless otherwise noted.. Webinars are offered free of charge.
- Registration deadlines for all Explore Local events are one week prior to the event date, unless otherwise noted
- To register for any of the Explore Local workshops or tours listed below, contact the Ag Info Centre at 1-800-387-6030. Registering for webinars is done through the link provided after the webinar description.
- No webinars are scheduled at this time. Please check back as events will be added as they are scheduled. Previously recorded webinars can be found under the Tools & Resources tab.
Marketing Essentials - Intro to Marketing
This one day workshop will focus on practical information and tools to help you develop and implement an effective marketing strategy for your business. You’ll learn about the five “P”s of marketing (Product –Positioning- Place- Price- Promotion); see examples of how to work through each of the ‘P’s; and start on your own marketing strategy.
- Date: April 12, 2017 Location: Airdrie Agriculture Centre, Main Floor, 97 East Lake Ramp NE, Airdrie
Interesting stories about you and your business are often your most effective sales tools. They build customer commitment and loyalty. If you are a producer, a processor or an agricultural organization interested in learning how to take your stories to the next level and turn storytelling into a tangible marketing skill, then this workshop is for you.
Food Labelling for Local Markets
- Date: April 19, 2017 Location: Airdrie Agriculture Centre, Main Floor, 97 East Lake Ramp NE, Airdrie
This workshop will guide you through the basic food labelling requirements and how they apply to your farm direct marketed food products. It will also outline the new labelling requirements and proposed legislative changes. This workshop targets producers and processors selling food products direct to consumers through farmers’ markets, on-farm stores, CSAs, and other direct-to-consumer market channels.
- Date: Thursday, April 13, 2017 Location: Agri-Food Business Centre 6547 Sparrow Drive, Leduc
- No conferences are scheduled at this time. Please check back as events will be added as they are scheduled.
Access other Coming Events listed with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry.