| ||On June 5, 2008, the Alberta government implemented mandatory age verification of cattle and premises identification effective January 1, 2009.
For producers who are unable to age verify cattle electronically or are experiencing technical issues, spreadsheets are available to enter birthdate and premises information. This web page contains a series of documents (listed below) that provide step-by-step instructions and links to the spreadsheets needed to complete these tasks. Using the spreadsheet downloads, you can complete the data entry off-line and then load the information into the CCIA website.
Third party individuals, groups and businesses are also able to assist producers in age-verifying calves or register a premises. A cost or fee may be charged for services provided. A list of third party representatives is one of the documents available on this page. If you wish to register as a third party age verifier, contact the CCIA head office in Calgary 877-909-2333.
All attempts will be made to keep the site information current and accurate. If problems occur with spreadsheets not downloading, or website page links that do not work, contact CCIA in Calgary 877-909-2333. This series of documents were last updated on September 30, 2009. Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development have developed these instructions. These are not official CCIA instructions and templates. For detailed CCIA instructions and templates, please visit support.canadaid.ca.
How to Use this Site:
The documents listed on this page, are in the sequence required to age verify calves and register a farm premises. Click on the title to retrieve the file. When you are in the file:
If you have questions or problems, contact CCIA at 877-909-2333. If in Alberta, call 310-3276.
- Print off the open document. The pages will be hidden from view when links are used. It will be more convenient to refer to the page rather than flipping back between web pages.
- First time producer registration is completed by phoning CCIA head office 877-909-2333 or Stettler Ag-Info Centre at 310-3276 (in Alberta) or 403-742-7901.
- Obtaining a Source Account Number is the second step in the process.
- To access the link, click on the blue text within the document. You need to be working on-line to receive the "linked" web page or Excel spreadsheet. Where the documents say "type" you can just left click on the blue text.
- If you are on a dial-up server, we recommend that you download the Excel files for entering birth dates, cross-referencing tags or retiring tags from the CCIA website. Download the most current version each time you enter new data. This ensures that you are using the most recent version of the spreadsheet.
Age Verification Reference Manual
Producers can print off the Age Verification Manual booklet by downloading the PDF file for step by step illustrated instructions on how to use the CLTS Age Verification website.
Prepared by Barry Yaremcio, Forage/Beef Specialist, Ag-Info Centre, Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development