Farm Implement Distributor Licensing

Subscribe to our free E-Newsletter, "Agri-News" (formerly RTW This Week)Sign up for our
Licence Information


Farm Implement Act Administration Farmers' Advocate Office
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry

For Further Information Contact:

Tel: 310-FARM(3276)-or-403-742-7901 Fax: 780-427-3913
Downloadable Forms
Distributor Licence - PDF Fillable 152K

Licence Details
  The Alberta Farm Implement Act and regulation are administered by the Farmers' Advocate Office (FAO) of Alberta. Under this Act, anyone carrying on a business as a farm implement distributor must hold a distributor's licence. The licences are issued annually and distributors must pay a licence fee to the Government of Alberta and an annual levy to the Farm Implement Compensation Fund. Licence fees are set at $50 by the Farm Implement Act regulation. The levy is set annually by the Farm Implement Board. The Board determines the amount based on the number of claims paid out of the compensation fund during the previous year.

Farmer and implement dealers may verify if a company is licensed to carry on a business as a farm implement distributor by contacting the Farmers' Advocate Office.

Dealing with licensed distributors provides implement dealers with financial and legal security when purchasing equipment.

Farm Implement Act Administration
Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development
J.G. O’Donoghue Building
7000 – 113 Street, Edmonton AB T6H 5T6
Telephone: 310-FARM (3276) or (403) 742-7901
Fax: (780) 427-3913

Share via
For more information about the content of this document, contact Ag-Info Centre.

Last Reviewed/Revised on January 8, 2018.