Requirements changing for food businesses

  From the October 1, 2018 issue of Agri-News
Subscribe to our free E-Newsletter, "Agri-News" (formerly RTW This Week)Agri-News
This Week
     Agri-News HomeAgri-News Home
 In four months food businesses may need a licence to import, export or send food across provincial and territorial borders. They may also need a preventive control plan and traceability records.

Find out what requirements will apply to your business when the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations come into force on January 15, 2019. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has interactive tools and timelines to help you.

Sign up for My CFIA now so you can apply for the licence when it becomes available:

To learn more about the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations, visit

view Agri-News RSS FeedAgri-News RSS Feed      Share via

For more information about the content of this document, contact Christine Chomiak.
This information published to the web on September 17, 2018.