||AgriStability, together with AgriInvest, will replace the coverage previously provided under the Canadian Agricultural Income Stabilization (CAIS) program. AgriStability is part of the new suite of Business Risk Management Programs under Growing Forward 2.
To be eligible for AgriStability, in a program year the participant must have:
- Carried on the business of farming in Canada;
- Conducted a minimum six consecutive months of farming activity
- Completed a Production Cycle;
- Reported farming income (loss) for income tax purposes, unless exempt under the federal Indian Act, and
- Met all Program requirements by the deadlines established by the administration. In Alberta, AgriStability is administered by Agriculture Financial Services Corporation