|| This program provides financial assistance to innovative Canadian SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) for the hiring of post-secondary graduates to work on innovation projects in these firms. In addition to meeting the needs of innovative firms, this program will facilitate the advancement of highly skilled young people within a rapidly changing labor market. The program is an initiative of the Youth Employment Strategy (YES) of the Government of Canada with funds from the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development.
Your firm will receive financial support towards the employment of post-secondary graduates, who will work on technical opportunities in the firm and on non-technical but technology related projects such as:
What is the process?
- research and development, engineering, multi-media
- development of new products and processes
- market analysis for a new technology-based product
- business development related to science and technology activities
- improvement of customer services, etc.
To engage with NRC-IRAP, and to reach one of our Industrial Technology Advisors located in your community, please call our toll-free number at 1-877-994-4727.
- Interested small and medium-sized enterprises are encouraged to contact NRC-IRAP for more information and to complete an application.
- In order to be considered for NRC-IRAP's Youth Employment Program, the firm and the graduate must be assessed for eligibility.
- Internships must be at least six and no longer than twelve months and are available anywhere in Canada
- The maximum contribution is $30,000 towards the salary costs of a post-secondary graduate. The small and medium-sized enterprise is responsible for other expenses such as fringe benefits and overhead costs