|2016 ||Exporting Goods from Canada (Canadian Border Services Association) |
This site provides details on export reporting requirements and links to:
- Canadian Harmonized System (HS) Codes for Export Classification
- Export Reporting
- Other Requirements
|2016||Certificates of Origin Available Online (Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada)|
A Certificate of Origin is a document that authenticates the country of origin of merchandise being shipped overseas. Proving where your product comes from is a requirement for many customs authorities before goods are allowed to enter foreign countries. You need to register for TradeCert.
|May 2016||To go to trade shows or not (www.tradeready.ca) - There are three common forms of participation in a trade show:|
1. Companies can attend as visitors to view the competition, assess the market and develop a list of contacts for later follow-up.
2. Companies can participate as exhibitors, raising awareness, developing contacts and enhancing prestige.
3. Companies can participate in panel discussions or make a presentation. Many trade shows also feature speakers and workshops as part of their activities. By securing a speaking invitation, companies can create a profile without incurring the expenses of exhibition.
|2016||How to Succeed in Foreign Markets ebook (Business Development Bank of Canada)|
Find out everything you need to expand abroad. Learn how to get your business ready, choose the best markets and develop a market entry plan. Free e-book
|2016||Are you ready to go global? - Business Development Canada (BDC)|
Are you ready to go global? Step by step articles to help your business succeed.
Entrepreneur Stories, Target Market, International Markets, Strategies and more
|2016||Transparency International - 2015 Corruption Index|
Corrupt practices are more common in some countries than in others. Before doing business in a particular market, an exporting company should try to assess the level of corruption it’s likely to encounter. Transparency International (TI), the largest international NGO dedicated to monitoring and reporting on global corruption, can assist. Every year, TI publishes its Corruption Perceptions Index, which ranks the world’s countries according to the perceived level of their corruption in demanding bribes.
|2016||Export Guides and Tools (Canada Business Network)|
From developing an export plan to delivering your goods, you can find it here:
- Starting to export
- Market research
- Marketing, sales and logistics
- Laws, regulations and permits
|2015||Six Steps to Export Success (Export Development Canada)|
"Are you ready to get serious about selling internationally?" Download EDC's white paper Six Steps to Export Success and learn how to:
- Find your target market
- Negotiate contracts
- Manage risks
- Deliver to customers
|Export Marketing Video Series|
|2011||Export Marketing - short videos on marketing agriculture and food products internationally presented by Ted Kouri, Incite Marketing.|
- Marketing Trends | 3:40
- Four Strategies for Effective Marketing | 4:23
- Elevator Pitch | 2:50
- Branding | 2:54
- Marketing Planning | 4:17
- Positioning - Understanding Customers | 3:53
- Positioning - Understanding Your Competitors |4:56
- Sales - Ten Tips for Stronger Relationships | 3:16
- Strategic Positioning | 5:20
- Building a Brand | 4:08