Economics and Competitiveness
A better understanding of farm product marketing by farm managers leads to more astute, better informed marketing decisions and greater farm profitability.
The Agricultural Marketing Manual was first published in the early 1980s. It has been updated several times since then and is being updated again. Please bookmark this page and watch for updates and new additions.
This Manual is not just for farm managers. It is also intended to assist agribusinesses, that deal with farm managers, to better understand farm product marketing.
The Manual is divided into six sections:
Return to Farm Manager home page
- Marketing Principles - the basics of farm product marketing including how supply and demand influence markets, how exchange and interest rates influence markets, how futures markets work, how to analyze markets, how to assess your farm marketing skills and more
- Market Risk Management – strategies and methods for managing market and price risk for all farm commodities
- Grain and Oilseed Marketing – wheat, durum, barley, oats, flax and canola marketing
- Livestock Marketing – cattle, hog and sheep marketing
- Special Commodity Marketing – marketing of special commodities such as forage seed and special crops like field peas, canary seed and others
- Agricultural Marketing Glossary - marketing terms and what they mean
If you don't have a pdf viewer, click on icon to download Acrobat Reader