| ||Print off this page for easy reference before starting the process.
To create Birth Date Certificates, you require one of the following:
Note: It will take a minimum of 15 minutes from the time the calf birth age data is submitted and received by CCIA to when a birth date certificate can be generated.
- Transaction ID numbers from your calf birth date submissions,
- Individual animal tag numbers
- Ranges of consecutive tag numbers
Start, the Internet explorer (left click the blue "e" near the Start button at the bottom left of the screen). In the address bar (the white box near the top of the page starting with http://), remove all the text and
Attach the birth certificate to the livestock manifest so it is available to the Auction Market and purchaser of the cattle.
|1)||Type www.clia.livestockid.ca to access the CCIA (Canadian Cattle Identification Agency) website.|
|2)||The "Welcome to the CCIA Web Site" screen appears.
- Click on Option 1 "Already have an account (click here to login)".
- Place the cursor on the blue text and left click the mouse button to obtain the next screen.
|3)||The User Login screen appears.
- Type in your user name and password that were created at the producer registration step..
|4)||The Welcome Back screen appears.
- On the brown header bar near the top of the page (under the word tracking) left click the mouse on "Reports".
- A drop down menu appears under reports, left click the mouse on "Create Certificate". .
|5)||The Select Certificate Type screen appears.
- In the middle of the page in the Certificate selection box, left click on the circle left of "Birth Date Certificate".
- Left click on the next box in the lower right corner..
|6)||The Create Birth Date Certificate data entry page appears.
Now you are ready to generate the certificate.
- You can only use one of the four options for data entry, otherwise the data will not be saved. Enter data by:
- by individual tag number
- by tag range; entering the first and last tag numbers in sequence
- by tag range; entering the first tag number and indicating how many tags are in the sequence
- Transaction ID number created when calf records were submitted to CCIA. Letters in the ID must be entered as capital or upper case. Lower case letters will cause a rejection of the information.
- If you require a certificate for an individual animal, enter the tag number into the "Tag" row under the brown line.
- “left click” on “Add tags to list”
- “left click” on “next”
- Continue with step 7.
- When you have entered a series of numbers, or multiple series, transaction ID number or numerous transactions, left click on “Add tags to list” Before attempting to add a second animal, second series, or second transaction ID number. Having more than one data area filled in will cause rejection of all the information.
- Continue left clicking on “Add tags to list” until all the required animals have been entered.
- Left click on the “next” box.
|7)||The Create Birth Certificate screen appears.
- If the information is correct, click on the "Yes, create birth certificate".
|8)||The Birth Date Certificate screen appears.
- In the middle of the screen left click on the "Latest Date Birth Certificate" number..
|9)||A CCIA birth certificate appears.
- Print this page for your records.
If you have questions or problems, contact CCIA at 877-909-2333. If in Alberta, call 310-3276 and ask for Lisa.
This completes the process to generate birth certificates.
Prepared by Barry Yaremcio, Beef/Forage Specialist, Ag-Info Centre, Agriculture and Rural Development