| || Upcoming Events | Where to find Dine Alberta restaurants/menus | Alberta Regional Cuisine Sourcing Directory | | Having trouble figuring out what is in season and when it may be available | Where else can you buy local food | Recipes | Important links | Dine Alberta sponsors | Regional cuisine
|Regional cuisine advocates the usage of quality locally grown ingredients, in union with the culture, geography, and history of Alberta. The "Dine Alberta: Savour the Regional Flavour" , is a stimulating way to showcase local agriculture products, family owned farms, and value added processing. Alberta's best chefs, at restaurants, bistros, catered food events, B&B's and meal preparation establishments are using Alberta's best homegrown foods to create unforgettable meals all year round. Enjoy the delicious result!|
Where To Find Dine Alberta Restaurants
"Celebrate the Celebration"...The pots are bubbling and the pans are sizzling in Alberta restaurants and food establishments. So much great food and so little time!
Dine Alberta Searchable Restaurant Directory
Click here to find your favorite restaurant in a new searchable on-line format. You can search alphabetically or by region. You can also search to see which restaurants feature Alberta regional cuisine on their menu year round and which feature it seasonally. Want driving directions to your favorite restaurant, then check out Dine Alberta mapping.
2013 Participating Restaurants
Click here to view individual descriptions of each restaurant and link with their websites.
Thank you for your support to Alberta producers, including ranchers, farmers, greenhouse growers and beekeepers; to those fantastic restaurant chefs that created those wonderful meals; and to the dedicated staff that served your table.
Top of Document
Alberta Regional Cuisine Sourcing Directory
As a consumer you may want to access information on where your meal is derived from? If so, check out the Alberta Regional Cuisine Sourcing Directory. Here you will find a complete listing of products and producers that have partnered with the chefs in creating your Dine Alberta experience.
Having trouble figuring out what is in season and when it may be available?
Information within the Seasonal Availability Chart will give you a good idea of when to look for Alberta grown or raised ingredients. For further details on monthly availability of vegetables, check out the Vegetable Chart.
Seasonal Fresh Food Guide and Monthly Vegetable Availability Chart (pdf 27KB)
Where else can you buy local food
Come to our Farms Guide - a comprehensive map listing of U-pick and farm gate sales operators, their phone numbers, directions to their farms and what they sell. This guide is produced by The Alberta Farm Fresh Producers Association.
Farmers' Markets - a listing of approved Farmers' Markets in Alberta
"NEW" to our website.
Top of Document
Top of Document
Dine Alberta Sponsors
- Alberta Beekeepers has been serving the interests of hobby and commercial beekeepers since 1933. As part of the third largest and fastest growing beekeeping region in North America, the mission of Alberta Beekeepers is to promote a sustainable, prosperous beekeeping industry for members by working with stakeholders and partners to ensure quality products and services. Alberta Beekeepers is pleased to be a sponsor of Dine Alberta, as Alberta is known for its world-renowned mild flavoured high quality white honey. Honey adds a subtle but distinctive taste to food.
- The Alberta Elk Commission (AEC) represents over 400 elk producers raising close to 40,000 elk in the province of Alberta. A priority for the AEC is to ensure an environment exists within Alberta and beyond its borders where elk producers can raise their elk and gainfully market their animals and products in a way that is beneficial to the future growth of the entire elk industry. Products such as velvet antler and meat derived from farmed elk provide healthy alternative dietary supplement and food choices for today’s discerning consumers.
- Alberta Farm Fresh Producers Association (AFFPA) has 147 members and is dedicated to supporting the production of farm direct market vegetable crops, berry and fruit crops, bedding plants, perennials, herbs, flowers, meats, poultry, eggs and other specialty items in Alberta. AFFPA is a voluntary membership, non-profit organization representing direct market growers. Most AFFPA members market directly to consumers via U-Pick farms, farm gate sales and/or through Farmers' Markets.
- Alberta Lamb aims to increase consumption of local lamb in the Province of Alberta. Alberta Lamb is a natural, nutritious and delicious meat that can be prepared in a variety of ways. Available in a variety of cuts, lamb is perfect for any occasion from a backyard barbecue to a gourmet dinner party.
- Alberta Pork is a provincial organization serving Alberta's pork producers. Our mandate is to deliver quality products in a prosperous and sustainable environment. We are, once again this year, pleased to be involved in the Dine Alberta Savour Regional Flavour program and thank you for “putting pork on your fork”.
- Alberta White-tail and Mule Deer Association - As the voice for Alberta deer ranchers, The Alberta White-tail & Mule Deer Association is proud to be a part of Dine Alberta. Together, we are striving to offer farmed raised product that will meet or exceed your expectations. We are confident that our farm raised deer meat will offer a rewarding experience for your customers and highlight the diversity of Alberta’s regional cuisine.
- Big Rock Brewery produces it's own private label brands of specialty draught and bottled beer for sale across Canada. Our organization is guided in all that we do to create exceptional beers for perceptive consumers. Big Rock strives to be recognized as a superb brewery, renown for our premium products, community involvement and strong business performance.
- Bison Producers of Alberta helps create opportunities for the development of local, national, and international consumer demand for Bison meat products; and attract new producers and investors to the Bison industry. With an estimated number of 80,000 bison, Alberta has over 50% of the bison in Canada. This association supports its membership through marketing and promotion to encourage the use of bison and bison products.
Top of Document
- The Potato Growers of Alberta is a potato grower organization that facilitates the success of the potato growing industry in Alberta. We are proud to showcase our finest growers in the Dine Alberta Program. Alberta potatoes can't be beaten in quality and taste. We grow the ultimate comfort food to give the consumer a healthy lifestyle choice.
- Alberta Farmers' Market Association
- For further information on Agriculture and Rural Development's Regional Cuisine Initiative check out the following......
Top of Document