This book is a must for anyone who wants to identify the trees and shrubs that occupy the western rangelands. Whether you're a student, agronomist, ecologist, naturalist, rancher, farmer or amateur botanist, you'll find this book is an indispensable identification tool. The book features black and white illustrations, descriptions and taxonomic keys to help you identify the trees and shrubs that grow on western rangelands. 192 pages.
This comprehensive book features:
- 192 coil-bound pages of information on 148 species of trees and shrubs.
- A helpful glossary of terms.
- Hundreds of drawings showing the vegetative and reproductive features used to identify tree and shrub species.
- Simplified plant keys that enable you to differentiate one species from the next.
- Detailed written descriptions of growth habits, blades, inflorescence, similar species, habitat and distribution, forage value, and grazing response
- A handy coil-bound, 6" x 9" field-use size.
Copies of this book may be purchased by:
- Calling 780-427-0391.
- Cheque or money order, please complete the order form and send it to our Publications Office.
- On-line credit card purchase by accessing the on-line sales website.