Leasing cows can be a viable alternative to debt financing when you are starting or expanding a beef cow herd. This publication discusses four kinds of leasing options that ranchers may consider when they are preparing an equitable, long term lease. The book also has a sample lease and work sheet to help you. 26 pages.
Copies of this book may be purchased by:
Table of contents
- Calling 780-427-0391.
- Cheque or money order, please complete the order form and send it to our Publications Office.
- On-line credit card purchase by accessing the on-line sales website.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Leasing
Defining an Equitable Lease
Risk and Returns
Types of Leasing Arrangements
Designing a Lease Arrangement
- Cash Lease
- Fixed Number of Calves Lease
- Percentage Share Lease
- Flexible Share Lease
- What is the Best Lease Arrangement For Me?
- Some Management Issues Leasing Cows
- Calculating the Revenue Allocations
- Using the Worksheet
- Production Values
- Lease Payment Calculations
- Appendix I Example Case Study
- Appendix 2 Sample Cow Leasing Agreement
- Appendix 3 Blank Cow Lease Worksheets