This book is a must for anyone who wants to identify the grasses and grass-like species that occupy the western rangelands. Whether you're a student, agronomist, ecologist, naturalist, rancher, farmer or amateur botanist, you'll find this book is an indispensable identification tool.
The book features black and white illustrations, descriptions and taxonomic keys that help you identify any grass, sedge or rush that grows on western rangelands. 355 pages.
This comprehensive book features:
- 355 coil-bound pages of information on over 200 grasses and grass-like species
- A helpful glossary of terms
- Hundreds of drawings showing the whole plant, roots, seed heads, close ups of identifying features such as ligules and auricles
- Vegetative grass keys
- Detailed written descriptions of growth habits, blades, sheaths, ligules, heads, similar species, habitat and distribution, forage value, and grazing response
- A handy coil-bound, 6" x 9" field-use size.