| ||The Stray Animals Act deals with the means by which stray livestock are dealt. These include provisions to establish liability for damages caused by trespassing animals, as well as the capture, impoundment, and disposition of the stray animals.
The Stray Animals Act and Regulation are administered by Livestock Identification Services (LIS), a delegated authority under the Stray Animals Delegation Regulation. LIS is non-profit organisation that operates “an arm’s length” from ARD but is accountable to the Minister.
The Horse Capture Regulation is somewhat of an anomaly to this set of legislation, as it is administered by Sustainable Resources and Development and not ARD. It deals with the capture of feral horses on Crown lands.
Orders in Council
For more information about this act, contact John Brown.
- Stray Animals Act (May 14, 2014) -- 14198
- Stray Animals Act (December 17, 2008) -- 08611
- Stray Animals Act (December 10, 2008) -- 08590
- Proclamation - Proclaiming The Stray Animals Amendment Act, 2005, Except Sections 7(B) And 17(A), In Force On January 1, 2009. (December 3, 2008) -- 08565
- Stray Animals Act (December 3, 2008) -- 08566
- Stray Animals Act (April 30, 2008) -- 08172
- Various Acts - Makes The Agriculture And Food Expiry Clauses Amendment Regulation To Extend The Expiry Dates Of Nine Regulations And Add An Expiry Date Section To One Regulation Administered By Agriculture And Food. (December 12, 2007) - 07570