Cash Flow Analyzer: information page
Cash Flow Analyzer - Cash Flow Analysis Tool
Cash Flow Analyzer? | Cash Flow Analyzer Features | System requirements | Links | Acknowledgements | Feedback and Questions | Download Cash Flow Analyzer
Cash Flow Analyzer – Downloadable Excel Spreadsheet Calculator
“Cash is King” and the Cash Flow Analyzer is a one page Cash Flow Budgeting tool. It is a tool to project future flows of Cash into, and out of, a business operation. A Cash Flow Budget is not only concerned with the amount of cash flows coming in and going out, but also with the monthly timing of those cash flows as well. It is available free and can be downloaded from this web page.
What is a Cash Flow Analyzer?
The Cash Flow Analyzer is an excel spreadsheet that allocates Cash requirements and sources throughout the year. By creating a Cash Flow Budget you can project your sources and uses of funds for the upcoming time period (usually a fiscal year). You can identify those months with the largest draws on your Cash so that you can plan the marketing of your products, or the need for a Cash injection from savings or financing to cover those large draws. Cash Flow is not Profitability. Cash Flow and Profitability are different. A Cash Flow Statement lists all cash inflows and cash outflows while income statement lists only revenues and expenses. A cash flow statement shows liquidity while and income statement shows profitability, and both are financial risks that need to be monitored.
Cash Flow Analyzer Features
- Cash Flow Analyzer allows you to incorporate your own cash inflows and cash outflows.
- Cash Flow Analyzer calculates those months that you have the largest cash draws in your operations and illustrates what the demands on your operating loan and cash balance will be.
- Cash Flow Analyzer will tell you what size of operating loan you will require for the upcoming year.
- Cash Flow Analyzer highlights net cash from operating activities and for financing and investing activities as well as other factors that impact your cash flow during the year. It shows you the affect on your cash position month to month and its impact on your Working Capital.
- Pentium with Intel, Celeron or AMD Processor.
- Windows 2000, XP or Vista.
- Microsoft Excel – Note: Microsoft Works is not sufficient.
- Crop Returns - evaluates crop enterprise profitablitiy
- Agricultural Buziness Analyzer - financial analysis tool designed to assist users doing a review of up to 5 years of historical financial data and compare these results with a projection for the upcoming year.
- ABA Simple Farm Ratio Analyzer – a one page quick rough financial assessment and risk ratio rating for your farming or ranching operation
Cash Flow Analyzer was produced by Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development's Processing Industry Business Development Branch with input from the Livestock and Farm Business Branch.
Feedback and Questions
To provide feedback or if you have any questions please contact:
The Alberta Ag-Info Centre
Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development
Phone: 310-FARM (3276).
This information is maintained by Ron Lyons
Last Revised/Reviewed July 27, 2012Top of Document