| ||Return to Top
Link to Online Registration | Sign up | Login | Reset Password | Change Password | Account Details | Back to Online Registration | Government of Alberta Regular Business Hours
The purpose of this page is to assist with the use of the Premises Identification (PID) application. The help has been organized to provide tips for interacting with the various screens, or sections of screens, within the Premises Identification System.
Link to Online Registration
By the end of this section you will be able to access the Premises Identification Online Registration system.
- Open an internet browser (Internet Explorer version 6 or later, Firefox 3 or later or Safari 3 or later are examples of browsers that have successfully hosted the Premises Identification system ).
- In the address box please enter the following web address: www.agriculture.alberta.ca/premises or www.agric.gov.ab.ca/premises. This will take you to the welcome page for the Premises Identification Program, or
- Go to the Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development main page. (www.agriculture.alberta.ca)
- Scroll down to the "Livestock and Meat Industry" tab on the Agriculture and Rural Development main page
- Select the "Premises Identification (PID)" internet link.
- Select the "Online Registration" link
- Select the "Online registration" link to access the "Premises Identification Login" screen.
This section will guide you through the "Sign up" process for creating your own user name and password for the Premises Identification Online Registration process. Before proceeding please ensure that you are familiar with the "Link to Online Registration" section of this help page.
Once a successful sign up has occured on the "PID Sign - Up" screen the system will once again display the "Premises Identification Login" screen.
- Select the "Online registration" link at www.agriculture.alberta.ca/premises or www.agric.gov.ab.ca/premises to access the "Premises Identification Login Screen".
- In the grey area that is located in the central right portion of the Login Screen, select the "Sign up now" link.
- A PID Sign - Up screen should appear with places to enter your valid email address as the User name.
- Choose a passward between 8 and 10 characters long. Valid characters are "a" through "z", "A" through "Z", the underscore "_" character, and the number digits "0" through "9". A strong password contains a mix of valid characters and numeric digits.
- Re - enter your password again in the "Confirm Password" box.
- Press the "Sign Up " Button.
If this is your first time logging in to the Premises Identification Online Application, please take a moment to review the "Link to Online Registration" and "Sign Up" sections of this help page.
The "Login" screen is the point of entry into the Premises Identification Online Registration system.
Once a successful sign up has occured on the "Login" screen, the system will display one of two screens:
- Type your full user name (or email address) in the "Email" box and press the tab key.
- Enter your 8 to 10 character password in the "Password" box.
- Press the Login Button.
- If it is the first time you have logged in, the "Premises Identification - Account Details " will appear with a "General Information" section and a "Statement of Certification" section.
- If you have successfully created an account in a previously session, the "Premises Identification - Account Summary " screen will appear.
If you have forgotten your password please contact your local Field Office or the Ag-Info Centre one of the staff will be a specialist of this page to request a password reset. Password resets will occur during Government of Alberta Regular Business Hours.
The steps for changing your password to something more memory friendly are as follows:
- Review the Link to Online Registration portion of this web page and then navigate to the "Premises Identification - Login" screen.
- Login to the Premises Identification System using current email address and Password.
- When the "Premises Identification - Account Summary" screen comes into view look in the top right portion of the this screen for a "Change Password" link.
- Select the change password link. A Premises Identification - Change Password screen should appear.
- Enter your current password in the "Current Password" box
- Enter and confirm a new password in the "New Password", and "Confirm New Password" boxes (any 8 to 10 character combination of "A toZ", "a to z", "0 to 9" and the underscore "_" character).
- Click on the "Change Password" button.
Premises Identification - Account Information
If this your first Premises Identification online account registration session you will encounter the "Premises Identification - Account Details " screen with a "General Information" section and a "Statement of Certification" section.
Please make certain that all information boxes with grey stars beside them have been filled in and that the check box indicating your understanding and agreement with the Premises Identification Program Conditions has been checked.
In all sessions where a successful account registration has already occured, you will encounter a "Premises Identification - Account Summary Screen" from which updates to "Account Details" can be made and then saved.
Government of Alberta Regular Business Hours
Regular Government of Alberta Business Hours are:
Monday to Friday, from 8:15 am to 4:30 pm, excluding statutory holidays. A list of statutory holidays include:
- New Years Day,
- Family Day,
- Good Friday and Easter Monday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- August Long Weekend
- Labour Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Rememberance Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day, and
- One other Christmas break day (Christmas Floater)