| ||Join us in celebrating Global Pulse Day by including pulses in your diet on January 18th 2017 and beyond!.
2016 International Year of Pulses (IYP) was instrumental in increasing awareness of how pulses contribute to our nutrition, our health and environmental sustainability.
The Alberta Pulse Showcase was a successful Alberta event as part of the 2016 IYP celebration. In partnership with the
Alberta Pulse Growers and the Food and Bio-Processing Branch, new products were developed with industry partners that used Canadian peas, beans,
faba beans and their fractions. Products presented at the Alberta Pulse Showcase included:
Continuing beyond 2016 we would like to further increase awareness and the local consumption of pulses and pulse ingredients in value added food products. Join us in celebrating Global Pulse Day by including pulses in your diet on January 18th 2017 and beyond!
- Ready to eat meat bars
- Old fashioned black and red licorice
- Hot Italian and chorizo sausages
- Decadent rich chocolate cake
- Thin and chrispy chips
- Sweet delicate macarons
- Savoury beef patties
- Frozen vanilla and chocolate flavoured desserts
- Healthy dog treats
Watch the video below to see the highlights from The Alberta Pulse Showcase events that took place in November 2016
- Pulses are packed with fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals
- Pulses reduce risk factors for diabetes and heart disease
- Pulses benefit agricultural and environmental sustainability
- Pulses are functional ingredients that are non-GMO and low-allergen risk