Opportunities for Industry
Contact and Resources
News and Events
|Not only do Albertans benefit increasingly from producing and eating healthier food, but meeting that growing demand will ultimately support Alberta’s agricultural and food production. |
Listen to the Call of the Land interview exploring how Agriculture and Forestry's HEMR program is designed to work with the Alberta meat processing industry in meeting market demands and trends, providing healthier choices through the application of innovative applied research findings and commercial meat processing.
Working out of the Food Processing Development Centre in Leduc, Alberta, the Program is a group of meat scientists and technologists working to support the research, development, and production of enhanced, value-added and healthier foods and meat products in the local and global marketplace. Hear Ken Fahner describe how AF is supporting the food processing industry through applied research, product development and operational support.
Part 1 - Supporting agri-food processors directly
Part 2 - Supporting food processing funding bodies and stakeholders
- Food News - Food News provides Alberta’s agri-food industry with current events and programs to support its growth and help with diversification, competitiveness, and market readiness
- Listen to more Call of the Land interviews exploring the Healthy and Enhanced Meat Research program, on the Research page
- Food Innovation-Collaborating for Success - May 25th workshop designed and targeted at Alberta food processing industry businesses, researchers, and government officials that support the growth of Alberta's food manufacturing industry; hosted by Alberta Innovates Bio Solutions in collaboration with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry and the Alberta Food Processors Association.
- The Alberta Pulse: Showcasing Alberta pulse products
The Food Processing Development Centre with the Alberta Pulse Growers will be hosting two showcase events (Leduc, November 15, and Calgary, November 16th) demonstrating new product prototypes that use peas, beans, lentils, chickpeas and their fractions.
- Call of the Land - you can listen to Call of the Land on your mobile device using the Call of the Land App. It’s available for free from iTunes and the Google Play Store.
- Ropin' the Web Coming Events